Wednesday, April 14, 2010

24 kindergarteners and counting

Well, my kindergarten class hit a historic mark this week. We are tipping the scales at 24 kiddos!!! This is the biggest class I've ever had and I am already noticing a big difference. Here are just a few:

1. All of my tables are full, so I guess if we get anymore students it will be standing room only! ;)
2. Crafts take a lot longer.
3. The room is messier at the end of the day.
4. When I do something silly I feel like a comedian with my own audience laughing at me. :)
5. Bathroom breaks take longer too.
6. My line stretches across the whole primary hall especially after recess.
7. I have to talk louder.
8. There is almost always something funny happening or being said by a five/six year old.
9. Announcement time (share time)takes longer too.
10. I get more hugs :)

Really even though this is the largest class I've ever had, it's still a great class. Even though I'm tired at the end of the day, I've gotta say if a mama's gotta work, this is by far the best job!!

1 comment:

  1. Lara,
    I feel ya!! Only a few days left! ;)

    I remember one year I had 33 Freshman in ONE CLASS! I think it was over the state quota, but it didn't seem to matter. I definitely noticed a difference!

    ReplyDelete