Thursday, November 10, 2011

From the mouth of babes

A while back I wrote a post about the funny words Lylah says, well now that she is speaking in sentences I want to document some of the funny phrases she says too. Sorry if this is uninteresting to you, but I have the worst memory so this will help me be able to share some if these funny sayings with our lil lady when she gets older :)

"hold you". Meaning she wants me to hold her

"you tell it". Meaning someone has asked her a question that she either doesn't know the answer to or doesn't want to answer.

"see ya later excavator". She actually came up with this one on her own. Yes she is obsessed. On another note she will carry a tiny rock around all day so I think she is part excavator!!

She often tries to say a sentence and gets the parts of speech all mixed up. For instance today she said: "who gave me that too?" about some jammies she wanted to wear.

She copies phrases she has heard me use but uses them in a funny context. The other day I asked her what toys she played with at church and she said "hmmmm....books maybe"

I think it's funny when she is overly dramatic about her voice change when asking a question. Once she asked my mom "you wanna paper towel". You have to imagine her pointing to my mom and then her voice changing a couple of levels from the first word to the last.

She says "how bout that" all the time. I had no idea where it came from until I caught myself saying it several times over the course of a couple days. Anyway, the other day Nathan was wearing boots and pointed out that Lylah was too. Lylah's reply: "Daddy has boots like Lylah has boots-how bout that!". Needless to say Nathan and I cracked up!!!

She is over all very dramatic with her speech, and NEVER STOPS TALKING!!! Nathan and I are all the time cracking up at the funny things she says-seriously so much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment