Friday, August 24, 2012

Lylah's third birthday party

******i thought I had already posted this but alas, just found it in my drafts! Happy flashback to summer! ;-)


As some of you may or may not have figured out I'm sort of having bloggers block. So with that being said I'm not sure how often I'll be blogging but I did know I wanted to remember Lylah's third birthday details. I had planned to have a mermaid party until one morning she came into the bathroom as I was getting ready and told me " mama, I want to have a Dr. Seuss 'birtay' and I want to wear this skirt (a Dr.Seuss skirt mom had gotten her last year) but I still want a Tiona dolly.". Now if you know anything about me you know I can handle a Dr. Seuss birthday! I didn't go crazy with it though. Just a banner, some stuffed animals my friend (who has a mutual love for all things Seuss) let us borrow, some photo booth props, and streamers and balloons. I thing it created the perfect setting for this super sweet picture!

Lylah had a ball at the party! The weather looked questionable for a but again (like last year) but it turned out to be a great day! Lylah swam with her friends and family until presents were opened and then she was glued to them. Speaking of presents we had talked all week about sowing thankfulness. Lylah had decided that it would show thanks to say "I love it, I love it" I ran with that and we practiced all week long. I'm weird I know. She remembered what we talked about as she was opening gifts but lets just say she sounded a bit robotic! It was really cute though!

And this is how she ate her cake! Too funny! It was a super sweet day celebrating a super sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment