Monday, November 29, 2010

So Thankful

So I'm a little late on this, but Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of year so here I go with a little post about all things Thanksgiving. First of all what's not to love about Turkey Day?!! The colors are beautiful, the food is YUM-O, the company is a hoot (at least at our gatherings they are) and the purpose is giving thanks which we all could do a lot more often.

Anyway, I'm very thankful. I'm thankful for my husband. The fact that his knee is healing and that God has been providing while he is unable to work. Speaking of my hubs, I'm thankful for the way he makes me laugh even when I don't want to, for the daddy he is to our lil' lady, and for the leader he is and is becoming more and more everyday.

I'm thankful for our lil' lady. The fact that she seems to be going to sleep right now without screaming (we've had a rough past couple of days in that department) and for the way I am reminded of our Awesome God as I watch her grow and learn. Speaking of our lil' lady, I'm thankful for the way she runs up and squeezes my legs for no apparent reason, for every time she calls me "MAMA", and for the way she is developing her very own personality (however strong willed it is)!

I'm thankful for our families. They love us, support us, laugh with us and sometimes give us someone to laugh at!!

I'm thankful for our house. It is over 100 years old, it is drafty, it has a permanent layer of dust, but it serves its purpose and is home to us.

I'm thankful for our church. We get to God, grow in Christ, and give to others there.

I'm thankful for our friends. We started as a gang of nearly and newly marrieds and now are a bigger gang of young mama's and daddy's!! We have prayed together, laughed together, cried together, and praised together.

Finally, I'm thankful for God from whom all these blessing flow.

Now, with that being said, you know I can't post without some fun pics. These are from a craft Lylah and I did!! It is a "Thankful Turkey". Lylah "told" me what she was thankful for: mama and dada, our extended family, Bible and Jesus, signing time, snacks, and Mrs. Kim. Then she drew pictures on each feather and I glued it together with hot glue. It was our centerpiece for our Friday Thanksgiving dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment