Thursday, December 2, 2010

The countdown is on

Our church has created a wonderful devotion for families to use during Advent. We have really been enjoying our time together each night after dinner. It is funny to see how Lylah reacts to us singing. She also likes to try and blow the Advent candle out even though it is across the room! Anyway, I decided to take our Advent celebration a step further by decorating an Advent Tree. With the help of my Cricut and my Martha Stuart Scoring Board (early Christmas present). I made tags and a cute little tree topper.

On each tag I have written an activity for us to do as a family. The activities range from really simple (play with Christmas stickers, listen to Christmas music), to crafty (make ornaments, party hats for Jesus' birthday party, paint a Christmas tree) to fun activities that we would be doing anyway (going to grandparents houses, the Smiths Grove parade, Oprymills Hotel). Our family activity for each Sunday will be to find different pieces of Lylah's fisher price Nativity Set that her Bebe got her on sale from Target. My hope is that the family activities coupled with the devotions will help us all keep in mind what this season is all about, Christ and His birth. I also hope it will be a fun cherished tradition that we look forward to each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment