Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I want to remember tonight

It's been a weird week for me. Not sure why. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's adoption, maybe it's missing some far away friends, maybe it's a handful of other things call "life on this planet".

That is why I want to remember tonight. That's why I NEED to remember tonight. It wasn't really an out of the ordinary night. Nathan had class so Lylah and I tackled making cookies and then we read stories and played on the couch. We laughed like crazy as she pinched my belly skin and said she was making me a "fat belly button". She tried to climb into my shirt like "when she was a tiny little baby", we laughed like crazy again.

I didn't realized the treasure in those moments until I heard the following conversation through our lil lady's monitor:

"I made cookies with mommy. They had yellow icing. I like yellow icing."

She was recounting our evening to all of her stuffed animals! The conversation continued...

"I was squeezing mommy's belly. That was silly.". "I was on the couch with mommy and we were laughing. It was fun. I liked it."

At this point I began to cry. I have been so wrapped up in what is not happening right now that I am forgetting to soak up what IS happening!! Don't get me wrong, I had an absolute blast with my lil lady tonight, but I want to really savor those moments the way she is STILL upstairs savoring them right now!! Lesson learned from darlin' two year old. Not the first. Won't be the last. Just one that needed to be documented-lest I forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment