Wednesday, May 2, 2012

And just like that...our little budding artist!!

Lylah and I have been drawing and coloring together for a long time. I mean probably since she was 9-10 months old. I know, I'm weird, but anyway....I have always drawn "happy faces" for her and occasionally I'll draw our family or an outside type drawing with flowers and trees. I am NOT by any means an artist, but maybe I'll be the mother of one ;). Really, Lylah would prefer drawing to coloring any day, but a couple of weeks ago she drew this on her easel:

Her first "happy face"!! A pretty darn cute one too if I do say so myself!!! She hadn't really done it again and then all of the sudden she drew this Monday:

Just incase you didn't recognize her because I didn't either. That is "my little sister Lydia in Africa" as Lylah explained to me! Seriously, watching our child develop leaves me speechless before our awesome Creator God. Wow!!

Needless to say that picture wasn't a fluke!! Here is the artist hard at work and some more of her masterpieces!!

This person has "two short ponytails".

The ones with just one circle and two legs she usually calls "dogs". :)

And here is her super adorable "octopus"! Love it!!!!

2 comments: