Monday, February 25, 2013

There is beauty

I have been seeing them poke up for the past few weeks. For the first time ever I was a bit resentful towards the daffodils as they started to peek out as we tiptoe toward spring. You see, I've been praying that Miss Lydia would be home by the time our little field bloomed here. So when Nathan told me I should check the field I couldn't imagine going. Today though the blue skies and warmer temperatures partnered with a God who promises strength will rise when we wait upon Him, gave me just enough courage to go. Lylah was bursting with excitement! She immediately set to work picking her bouquet!

Now there were some tears hidden behind sunglasses, but mostly there was just beauty. Beauty in the wonder of creation. Beauty in the excitement of a child. Beauty in a God who carries us when we feel we can't carry ourselves. We found a sweet little patch of flowers all by themselves in the middle of four big trees. We decided that that patch of flowers was Lydia's patch.

After snapping a picture of big sis with her "sissy's" flowers, we picked everyone from the patch for Lydia since she wasn't able to be here to pick them herself this year.

After that we picked more flowers and just enjoyed a sweet tradition that is on its 4th year. Though this years flower field experience wasn't how I would have pictured it, it was still filled with sweetness and beauty because true beauty doesn't lie in our circumstances-it lies in a God who carries us through each and every moment of His plan.

1 comment:

  1. Lara,
    Your blog is wonderful and I am thankful for the opportunity to see more of your story and more of your heart. This road has been a long one for you - I guess I didn't realize yesterday when we met at Summit that you had to say goodbye to an agency and a referred little one before God led you to Lydia. Your Lylah is a cutie. And your blog isn't whiney - I think you do a good job of balancing your difficult season of waiting with unchanging truth from God's Word. I will follow your blog and pray for your sweet Lydia.
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete