Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday Dr. Seuss!

So one of my favorite times of the school year has always been Dr. Seuss "week" as I call it. The week of Dr. Seuss' birthday I like to do an author study with my kids. I've actually done this since my first year teaching. Now, that year I did accidently turn my kiddos green when an oobleck recipe went all wrong, but we all recovered and it has become a tradition to take a week of the year to celebrate all things Seuss. Last year my team teacher and I decided to make Wednesday Wacky. Basically we change some things in the room and make a really big deal about it. This is where teaching kindergarten is too fun because the kiddos really get into it. Something so simple as moving some stuffed animals and other items around and making the tables crooked earned at least 5 minutes of pure excitment. I'm not going to lie though, I think I get just as excited as them. I guess that might be why I decided it would be appropriate to start the love of Seuss early for lil' Lylah. We had a fun night of reading our our two Dr. Seuss board books. Lylah esp. enjoyed chewing on them and raising them above her head over and over again. I think we'll make a tradition of it for sure...well hopefully not the book chewing part. Anyway, here are a few pictures from our fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment