Sunday, March 28, 2010

What's for dinner...lunch...and breakfast?



Lylah is no stranger to food. At almost eight months old, she has tried a wide array of veggies and fruits. So far she hasn't come accross anything that she just plain 'ol hated. Now while my little lady loves to gobble up her food, I have found that I have a new love for making her food! I seriously wish I could start a homeade baby food business. I'll blog more about how fun and easy making baby food is later, but for now, here is what Lylah is eating.

avacado- by far her favorite food and so super healthy for babies!
parsnips- she likes these better combined with other veggies such as carrots or sweet tators
brocolli & calliflower- she didn't like this at all at first but now she gobbles it up
peas- another favorite and fun to combine with carrots
veggie trio- this was a recipe from the book Top 100 Baby Purees it had parsnip, sweet tators, and carrots
apples
pears
necterine-
bannanas
cereal- I have to put a cube of apples in her cereal to get her to eat it
watermelon- actually she only tried this once, but totally loved it

This week I'm going to wip up a veggie and cheese recipe from the above book as well as something with salmon. So, as you can see Lylah loves her foods and her mama loves to make them. Oh, and just for the record I can't wait to visit the farmers market for some fresh spring/summer fruits and veggies!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that book too! We are still working on introducing lots of fruits and veggies, but I can't wait to try all of the more advanced recipes very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to blog about one of the salmon recipes soon. :) So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete