Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Field trip #4: Sweatin' in the Outback

For our fourth field trip, Lylah and I took advantage of free teacher month at Kentucky Down Under. Since my sister's birthday is this month too, we treated them and they came along for the fun.

So, I had never been to KY Down Under, but I knew that Lylah would like it because she LOVES animals of any kind. Well, if you've never been, it sits on top of a VERY big hill. Let's just put it this way...GIANT HILL+OUT OF SHAPE MAMAS PUSHING STROLLERS=LOTS AND LOTS OF SWEAT. It was HOT and we got our workout pushin' our lovely ladies around in their little limos.

Other than the heat and the fact that our camera was acting crazy, we really did have a fun time. My sister and I laughed at how hot we were. Lylah watched all the people and pointed at and even petted some of the animals. Bella also seemed to enjoy the day, she sat in her stroller wide eyed, sweatin' like the rest of us!

We watched the sheep herding, fed the birds, listened to a talk about the Aborigines, and went on a mini outback. After that we enjoyed some time in the nice cool gift shop while Bella ate a bottle. It was a fun trip and it was great to spend the day with my sis and Bella.





We are really excited about our next field trip which will be a week long...........we're going on VACATION!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment