Monday, April 4, 2011

Lost in translation and other things I've been meaning to blog about

Lylah has been talking for a while now and we can almost always understand what she is saying especially when she adds her signs as well. With that being said, she does have her own way of saying some things and I just have to blog about them now because I realize one day she will not have these little "sayings" and I don't want to forget them!! So enjoy this little list of Lylah translations....

Blanket is "beddie"
Medicine is "meno" (said like "no" in French)
Amen is also "meno"
Emily is "Meme"
Rabbit is "baba"
Cantaloupe is "o-pa-lope"
No is sometimes "no, humah"
Mikayla is "payla"
Ezra (our dog) is Ez-r
Love you is lubba-ooo

Just trust me when I say these are super sweet in person but hard to sound out for a blog. Something tells me I'll still be able to read them years from now though :)

Other things I've been meaning to blog about:

Have your tried letting your toddler pour things from one bowl to another? This idea stemmed from the fact that Lylah loves to pour the dogs food. Anyway, consider it another way to get dinner cooked while your little one has fun!!



Have you tried painting with your toddler?? In the past our lil lady has NOT been a fan of painting, but recently when we were learning all about Dr. Seuss, she was loving some painting!!! Of course I guess we do lots of hand painting crafts so she thinks she is supposed to paint herself!!



Have you tried cutting your toddler's sandwich with cookie cutters to make fun shapes? Here is Lylah's shamrock sandwich for St. Patricks Day!



Have you tried to keep your toddler from climbing in/on things?? Yeah, let me know how that goes! :) Around here we just make sure we check the dryer before we start it ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment