Wednesday, May 4, 2011

30's got nothin' on me.

Tonight I am enjoying a quiet evening at home knowing that in the morning I'll wake up and I won't be in my 20s anymore. Now I've joked with my class all week about getting "old" but really I'm sadly not a generally sentimental gal so really I'm as excited about this birthday as I am every birthday. If you know me, you know I love birthdays! So in celebration of saving farewell to my 20s and hi-de-ho to my 30s I thought I would compile some lists.

20 things I learned in my 20s (in no particular order)
1. College wasn't nearly as complicated as adulthood.
2. The first year of marriage can sometimes be compared to torture.
3. If you hang in there after that torture part, marriage is fun stuff.
4. Buying a house requires LOTS of signatures.
5. A real interview for a job you've spent four years preparing for is much more intimidating then interviews at Wendy's.
6. Everyone needs a Cricut.
7. Staying up late is a bit over rated.
8. Getting up before it is daylight is too.
9. Church family is a precious gift.
10. So are good friends.
11. My mom was right on a lot of stuff.
12. It's not fun paying bills.
13. Traveling abroad will change you forever.
14. So will becoming a mom.
15. There is nothing sweeter than a daddy's girl.
16. Sign language is awesome.
17. Goodbyes are never easy.
18. God is always at work.
19. Making hairbows is addicting.
20. You can learn a lot from a good blog.

And while I'm at it:

30 things I'm anticipating for my 30s (again no particular order)
1. More gray hairs
2. God's mighty hand of provision
3. Some since of organization
4. Freezer cooking
5. Crafting
6. A brown skinned babe named Lydia
7. A graduation from college for the hubs
8. A DIY play kitchen
9. A wooden swing set
10. A post placement visit with THE best social worker ever.
11. Long distance friendships
12. Baking bread
13. Learning the ins and outs of African hair
14. Being a part of MOPS
15. Pinching pennies
16. Traveling abroad again
17. A vacation to the beach
18. Becoming an advocate for the fatherless
19. Montessori school elements for the girls
20. Being a part of one of Cindy Starr's Bible Studies
21. The new library in The Grove
22. Giggling with the hubs and our babes
23. Making lists
24. Still not getting everything on said lists finished
25. Reading for enjoyment
26. Going to another secret church
27. Our land selling
28. Making new friends
29. Haubfest
30. Adoption assistance picnic

So most of those things will probably happen before I turn 31, bit that is even MORE proof that my 30s are sure to be just as big as an adventure as my 20s!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment