Sunday, May 8, 2011

Surprise!

Okay, so anyone who knows me knows that I'm not any good at surprises, but yesterday I had one of the best surprises ever! My super sneaky hubs and my way awesome sis were not going to let my 30th birthday just pass by with the usual flair. They worked together with the help of my parents to plan a way awesome surprise birthday cookout!!!!! So for the sake of wanting to remember the details here I go:

Nathan had mentioned earlier this week that he thought it would be fun to cook out at a park when my parents came in on Saturday. I agreed. So yesterday Nathan, Lylah, and I loaded up and headed into Bowing Green. Nathan had mentioned that we needed to stop by church because he needed to move something for Stu. I didn't think anything of that, and only got a little bit suspicious when Nathan took a long way to church to bypass "Derby Traffic" (like we lived in Louisville or something). I also thought it odd when I called my mom to see if they knew which park to go to and she said not to worry they knew where they were going (I didn't know at that point that we had even finalized which park since I thought this was relatively impromptu). Other than that I had no idea that anything was up and I certainly didn't expect after our "tour" of our church's new gym (the box Nathan had to move was "already moved", imagine that!) for most of my very favorite people to be standing in the women's locker room waiting to surprise me!!!! How fun!

After the surprise we alllllll headed over to the park where my dad was grilling away. Turns out the whole trip to the church was a diversion to give a real element of surprise. That it did sneaky hubs, that it did!!

So, thanks to my Hubby and Sis for planning, to mom and dad for doing an amazing job at food (as always), and to Beth, Ben, and MLK (who came despite a very big party planned for them later in the day), Laura, Will, and Hunter, Kevin, Kristy, and Xander, Shaun, Deanna, Taylor, and Gabby, Jeff, Mary Beth, Maddie, and Annye, Jason, Christin, Luke, Brenna, and Ali, Kasey Jo, Cash, and Baylen, Karen ( my MIL who drove all the way from Indy), Tim (my sweet FIL) and Stephanie for keeping the secret and making this girl feel very special on her birthday.

Ps. Sorry there aren't any pictures with this post-I've gotten spoiled by my blogger app and I failed to take pics with my phone- you'll have to use your imagination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment