Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

It is no secret that there are big changes in store for our family as we are awaiting the arrival of our little Lydia. What some of you may not know is that is not all the changing that will be going on for us in the not so distant future. At the beginning of this month, the day before my birthday to be exact, I resigned from my teaching position effective at the end of the school year (six working days from now). Anyone who really knows me, knows that I have been wanting to be at home since I went back to work after my maternity leave. Nathan had that same desire for me so we set out on a journey of planning and praying toward that goal. We have minimized our expenses and have eliminated almost all of our debt (all as soon as our land sells) all in hopes of making it easier for me to stay at home come August. Nathan picked up a second part time job and I will be doing a small work from home job as well to help make up for the extra insurance expense.


We know that this next year while we wait for Nathan to get his Associates Degree will not be easy. I'm sure we'll still have weeks or months when we will have to do some penny pinching, but it will be worth it to be able to pour into Lylah and eventually Lydia. I want to snuggle them, play with them, teach them, and train them in a way that working full time is not allowing me. I know that some mothers work full time and make it look effortless, I am in awe of those women. I found out that I am not one of them! I was coming home every night totally drained trying to put dinner on the table and keep some sort of order in our home plus sneak in some play time with our lil' lady. I found that I was getting stingy with my weekends because I had so much to do and so little time to do it, not to mention that the weekends were the prime time to play!! Anyway, that being said, I was asking Nathan today if he was scared about this next chapter in our lives. He said, "Of course, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's the exact thing we are supposed to be doing." I'm so thankful for a husband who has such faith! So even though it may not make since to most people, we are stepping out in faith, believing that this is what God has for us for this season. We are of course scared, but we are even more excited and hope that this journey along with all others we take will bring Him glory.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! Of course, Kennedy and I will miss you tremendously at school. But we'll just have to make up for it with some play time together!! I hope these last few days go smoothly for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you and a bit envious....Brandy

    ReplyDelete