Monday, August 15, 2011

Big Day #2

So Lylah's birthday party was on the Saturday before her birthday. We decided to have her party at my mom and dad's house again this year because let's get real August birthday's are almost a must for pool parties!! Anyway, that morning, it was NASTY weather! Lots of yucky rain and clouds. I was bummed. We just kept looking at the radar trying to decide if we were going to have to party in the garage or what. Yay was that didn't have to happen!! The party was supposed to start at 11:00 and literally the rain stopped at about 10:30, just enough time to decorate and get ready!!

My parents went to Hawaii in November so we decided a luau theme would be fun. I kept it simple this year and just did a few little things with the theme, but I think it still turned out really cute!!


My sister and my friend Kristy made the tissue paper flowers. My mom got the table runner and I found some grass skirts at Mighty $ that we hung up next to the banner. My mom also bought some leis which were fun of course!!

I was totally banking on Lylah to really get into her party this year. Well, I was sort of wrong, sort of right. She was actually a little shy and grumpy most of the time, but she DID get into present opening and scarfed down her cake! She was so funny when she opened the presents that were wrapped; she had to get every little piece of tape and wrapping off and really didn't pay attention at all to what the box revealed! What can I say? She's a little obsessive :) She was so excited when Papaw brought out his way awesome yummy ice cream cake! By the time we sang I was holding her back to not just grab a handful! Once the piece hit her plate that is what she did-ate it by the handful!! Who can blame her!





It was a great party to celebrate a great blessing!! Thanks of course to everyone who helped make it special!!

No comments:

Post a Comment