Friday, August 12, 2011

Big Day #3

Don't worry, you didn't miss the post about big day #2, I just have to do that post from the computer since all of the party pics are on my camera, and since I'm having a slumber party with our lil lady who keeps wigging out when we put her in her crib, you get number #3 first.

So, Sunday was Lylah's actual birthday! I can't believe she is two. I can't believe how much she has grown and changed this year, and I can't believe how much more sappy I was this year at birthday time. Yes, I'm admitting it. I got sappy. Not in front of anyone, just in some of my own quiet thinking moments. I think it's because I realized how many lasts we've went through this year. Last time nursing, eating baby food, in a baby car seat, wanting help on steps or with much of anything for that matter, the list goes on. With that being said, our lil lady doesn't seem like a baby very much to me. Don't get me wrong, I know she is still a baby, but I can carry on pleasurable conversations with this little girl who last year at this time knew under 100 words/signs. So anyway, you can see why I would be sappy right??

We had a very busy day on Lylah's actual birthday, but by the time we were all home together we managed to have a sweet relaxing evening. For dinner we had banana pancakes with candles for Lylah. After that we went to the "big playground" which is actually the school playground here in The Grove. Lylah also enjoyed a wonderful cake pop which we ordered to help support my sister's Adoption process. My goal of having a relaxing evening was met. We ended the evening playing with the party blowers in Lylah's "0 days till your birthday" bag.

Nope, our baby isn't really a baby anymore. But then she always will be our baby anyway!

For those of you who are curious about some of Lylah's recent development then read on. This is mostly to help me remember :)

Fine Motor
Holding pencils, crayons, markers with pincher grasp

Picking up small objects and placing on glued area

Signing more difficult signs (ex. "I love you", scissors, yellow)

Pulling pants up and down if wearing a disposable diaper (the fluffy bun is harder to get over :)

Putting on her own crocs or sandal type shoes

Gross Motor
Galloping
Running
Jumping (almost getting feet of floor)
Climbing (esp. noticed at playgrounds!)

Learning
Reciting ABCs
Counting to 10
Identifying lots of letter names and some numbers
Singing songs like Jesus Loves Me, Baby Bumblebee, ect.
Identifying any and all construction vehicles
Telling when objects match
Using her imagination A LOT

Mood/temperament
Joking and understanding other people joking
Faking crying as an attempt to get what she wants
Tattling (even on herself)
Bossing
Understanding when she is not obeying
Showing lots more affection (which we love)
Helping with chores (pouring laundry detergent and dog food, putting bowls in sink, throwing things away)

Sorry if this post is rambling. If you know me then you know I will not remember these things of they aren't in writing.

Ps. Look for birthday party post this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment