Friday, May 21, 2010

Me time....

Oh, me time. It is not a frequent occasion that I have an evening alone. Not complaining- it is no secret that I LOVE, LOVE spending time with my man and our daughter. So what does this lil' mama do on a Friday night when the little lady is asleep and her daddy is playin' softball? Well, I'll give you a hint, it has absolutely nothing to do with getting rid of all the dust in our house....

Nope, she makes this......


...Yes, indeed folks, that is a pop up gift card holder!! I made it for our sweet janitor. Our school is getting him a gift card to get some snazzy new clothes because he is a finalist for a big award in our district!! Anyway, sooo fun to get glue stick and stamp ink all over my fingers!!

Earlier this week when Lylah was feeling yucky with some teething issues, I made this during one of her many naps...

.....Yes, indeed folks, at the bottom of that little pile is my first sewing project that didn't end in a bobbin jamming thread pulling mess. It is a reusable sandwich bag that works rather well I might add. I made it with the sewing machine I got for my birthday from my mom and dad. It's wonderful!

So there you have it. A look into my me time....crafts of any kind. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lara, I LOVE the crafts!!!! Isn't it great to have time to just do some things that you want to do? When Andrew is gone to Mexico, I definitely enjoy the time, as much as I miss him. Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo yeah! that is awesome!! i know who to come to when i need a gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete