Saturday, May 29, 2010

Out with the old and in with the new

Lylah loves the water. We have been improvising with a "water table" until I could come up with something better. Here is what she had before:

That's just a small plastic storage tub and some kitchen tools. Now don't get me wrong, the little lady had a ball with that old water table, but it was pale in comparison to the reaction she had to her NEW IMPROVED water table:





Lylah LOVED what I came up with, thanks to a little idea I got from one of the many blogs I keep up with (which I could remember which one, but I can't :( ) This new and improved water table only cost me $3.50. I got the tub from school, it was one I had left over from my classroom library. The table really came together when I found the PERFECT stand up toy in Target's dollar section (it was actually $2.50). I added some other fun toys we had from our bath tub toy bin, the little octopus toys ($1.00 at Dollar General) and a cup for pouring water. I used some duct tape to tape the tall toy in place (yep, duct tape can come in handy for a mama too) and the water held the tub in place so that it was heavy enough so that Lylah couldn't tip it over. It was wonderful and a fun inexpensive way for us to sit on our front porch and have some water time too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment