Saturday, May 29, 2010

Field Trips

One of my favorite things about being a teacher is the field trips. They are a lot of work to plan, but the looks on the kids' faces make it worthwhile!! So, with that in mind I came up with a fun idea for my summer with Lylah. We are going to take a "field trip" each week. The key to these trips is that they will be close by (mostly) and inexpensive (again mostly). Here are some ideas that I have so far:
The Humane Society (may sound strange, but Lylah LOVES animals)
The airport
Chaney's
Jackson's
The Plaza Hotel (to see the fountain's and ride in the glass elevator, actually my friend Beth's idea)
Drake's creek
Bebe and Poppy's house
That is a good list considering the summer will be over before we know it. We are also hoping to make a trip to the Indianapolis Children's museum if Lylah learns to crawl :) Of course there are other things we will be doing as well, concerts in the park, Peek-a-boo babies at the Library, and hanging out in various pools :) Oh, I love summer already and am having so much fun with my little doll!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of field trips! We are going to try Peek-a-boo Babies also. We already go to Kirby Babies, Seth loves it so much, we might go to two a week.

    ReplyDelete