Thursday, July 22, 2010

Field Trip #8: An afternoon at the beach

Our last field trip actually prompted the idea for field trip #8. When I found out that Lake Cumberland did not have an actual beach with sand I knew that Lylah and I needed to take a trip to Barren River Lake so that she could play with her sand toys from Bebe and Poppy. Why hadn't I thought of that before?! We had a great time!! Lylah didn't really know how to play with sand toys, but she did enjoy watching mama use the shovel to pick up sand and then dump it out as well as fill buckets and such. She also had fun watching the big kids swim. Lylah was a BIG fan of the lake itself. She liked to watch it, walk in the water, and she even let me lean her head back several times!! I guess she is just going to be more of a country girl and enjoy rivers and lakes more than pools (at least for now). We really did have a good time and I was surprised how easy it seemed taking her all alone. We had a picnic lunch and then headed down to the beach, when we were all finished we headed back up to the car without any major mishaps. I think we may even try to squeeze in one more trip to the beach before I go back to school!! I also have one or two more field trips in mind, but lets face it, summer is fading fast so we'll have to see what we can get to.




No comments:

Post a Comment