Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mama-daughter crafting

My new craft room is now all moved in and functioning!! It is wonderful, I'll blog more about that later though. I couldn't resist getting in there for a fun craft with my little one!! Here is what we did:
First we dressed in our red, white, and blue and then read two patriotic books I had gotten a while back from the Mighty Dollar (great store for board books!).

Then we danced to a fun CD with kids singing patriotic songs. Lylah's favorite: Yankee Doodle!

Next, while Lylah was still dancing, I used my CRICUT to cut out some stars(red, white, and blue) in different sizes. I stuck some glue dots on the big star so that Lylah could put them on easier. Just a note, next time I'll put the glue dots on the pieces Lylah will be sticking that way she can put them wherever she wants to.

By this time Lylah was ready for a nap, and Nathan had gotten home from work, so Daddy read his little lady one of her books again. Meanwhile, I taped a piece of ribbon to the back of our art and made a new hair bow.

Finally, after a good nap, Lylah posed with our projects!! So cute!

We will definately be having more craft time together! Lylah really did a great job and with only a little help. She takes after her mama I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment