Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Push toy $10, fun evening with my lady...priceless

So today was gloooomy around here, but this evening the clouds parted, leading to a beautiful evening. The clouds must have parted in my mind as well because I got my best mama idea yet! You see, Lylah loves to play with her push toy, but our house is not the greatest place to have maximal fun with said toy. Anyway, Lylah was getting big time frustrated with the fact that she would take just a few steps and hit a dead end. We don't have a driveway or a carport and we live on main street in our little town so the obvious options for more space were out. Then came the idea, I took Lylah right down the street to our local doctor's office parking lot and let her walk to her hearts content! That she did. She must have walked 10 miles over in the parking lot smiling and jabbering the whole way. I was thrilled watching her have so much fun. We have had a lot of adventures this summer, but none of them have gotten this kind of reaction from my little lady. At one point I thought that I really needed some pictures of the moment and we raced home to grab the camera. Lylah cried the WHOLE way!! She walked close to an hour around the parking lot. She splashed in a few puddles and picked up some sticks and leaves along the way, but mostly she just walked and walked. We were playing a game where she would bump into me with her little toy and I would make a funny noise. We were both just laughing and then came the sweetest moment of mamahood so far. Lylah leaned right up and gave this mama a kiss. I'm going to admit it, I cried a little. This was not the first time I have gotten mama kisses, but this was the first time that those kisses seemed to say, "thanks for the fun mama". Precious. Thanks for sharing my little memory with me now for the fun part:



1 comment:

  1. ok, and now i'm crying! i need her to give her auntie em a kiss that says anything!! it doesn't even have to say thanks for the fun :)

    ReplyDelete