Monday, August 9, 2010

One Year Old!!

Lylah had her one year appt. today. She is tipping the scales at 18.8 lbs...as the doctor says, "She's not the biggest baby, but she's healthy!". She got her shots and didn't cry too much but that might be because I packed some vanilla wafers for her for afterwards! :) Anyway, I can't believe she is one!! Here are some of the things she is doing:

She is getting brave and trying to walk more and taking lots of steps in a row.
She is saying dada, mama, ball, hello, and bubble.
Her fine motor skills are getting better esp. when playing with stacking cups, rings, bracelets.
She is drinking whole milk during the day, she does okay mostly.
She can do a lot of signs: milk, more, all done, eat, water, help, please, hello/goodbye, and thank you.
She is also using pointing to communicate.
She has become VERY ticklish, esp. on her feet!!

As always I'm sure there are lots more. I was telling my father in law that I feel like she learns something new every couple of minutes!! It is amazing watching her grow, learn, and change! Here is our little lady in a cute shirt my aunt got her:


And here she is all dressed up in her very first cute outfit!

**Notice how long I've been waiting to put the little pink and brown flower in her hair!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment