Saturday, August 7, 2010

A year ago

We tried to get pregnant for a year and a half so when I woke up suddenly at 2:00 in the morning on August 7th, 2009 I woke up with a thankful heart. My water had broken and Nathan and I were so excited! We made several phone calls and headed to the hospital. Once we got there they had to make sure my water had really broken. I was so nervous that they were going to tell me to so home because I'd only peed to bed. Thankfully, my water had broken. Thus began the almost 13 hour journey to meet our baby girl. I'll spare you the personal details, but I will say that we were so thankful that Dr. Davis left his weekend at the lake to deliver and that LaDonna Forshee was our nurse. God is faithful. At 3:21 we met our little lady. We cried, we laughed. I can't explain how I felt except for an overwhelming love for Lylah and Nathan and all of our family. Looking back on that year and a half of trying, I realize that it built up in me a love that was overflowing by the time I finally met our little one. Lylah has been a blessing and a joy every moment of our lives since. She is a thinker and a studier. She is giggler and a hugger. She is our baby girl and no matter how old she gets she always will be. I love you Lylah Mae! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment