Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lylah's first Bento Lunch

I've really gotten into reading about Bento lunches that other moms are making for their kiddos. From my understanding, Bento lunches are actually very popular in Japan where you would find all kinds of supplies and accessories. If you are interested in seeing some really cute Bentos check out one of my favorite sites. Mine was very simple, but boy was it fun to make and I really think my little lady enjoyed it too. She usually eats like a little bird, but as soon as I sat the lunch down in front of her she started scarfing it down. I mean really scarfing!! I still wasn't able to sneak the tomatoes or black olives pass her, but she actually almost ate everything else!! Another thing that really surprised me was that she didn't even mess with the tray. I thought she might try to tip it over or at least take the muffin cup out, but nope she didn't!! So cool. Anyway, maybe it was a fluke, but I'd like to think that she appreciated something fun and different for lunch. So here is what it looked like:

You can probably tell, but here is what was in Lylah's Bento:
whole wheat pasta tossed in some Italian dressing (with tomatoes and olives)
two sunshine cheddar cheese pieces
four heart watermelon pieces
a handful of grapes sliced
and 1/2 a chopped up hot dog (not healthy, I know)
I decided to link this up here http://www.bentolunch.net/search/label/what%27s%20for%20lunch%20wednesday check it out for lots more fun lunches!
There you have it!! Now here are some shots of Lylah savoring the goodness!




3 comments:

  1. What a big girl to have eaten all your lunch! Bebe is so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your cute muffin tin cup thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got them at hobby lobby. Wait for the 40 percent off coupon and they are like $5!

    ReplyDelete