Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Day

We had a rather crazy week leading up to Easter. Nathan was with a team doing mission work in Europe so Lylah and I headed to Indiana with my sister and niece. Despite our routine being off in many ways, we still managed to have a devotion every night using the Resurrection Eggs. If you have not seen these you must check them out!!! Lylah loved them!!! They remind me a lot of the What God Wants for Christmas that we used at Christmastime. The night we opened the first egg which has a plastic donkey in it, she insisted on taking a bath with it!!!

We did a couple of crafts in Indiana too. We did a sticker page and made palm branches out of green construction paper and cut outs of the girls' handprints. I did not manage to take a picture of either :(. Bella was especially sweet saying "praise God" and waving her palm branch!!!

When we got home from Indiana we had a lazy Saturday waiting for Daddy to get home so we did a couple more crafts. We made a cross that came in a craft kit I found at Mighty $ as well as a little "lamb of God" craft I found on Pinterest. Again, I did not take pictures. Sunday was a sweet day. Lylah was soooo excited to have her daddy wake her up!!! I can't describe her sweet face when she saw him!!! Priceless for sure! I had made a special breakfast for Lylah the night before....

We all participated in the Easter challenge to wear clothes that helped support an adoption rather than the typical Easter attire.

Lylah was starting to feel bad so we took her to service with us. She actually did really well and only got a bit wiggly at the end!! She asked a lot of questions like, "why did they turn the lights off", "where is Merrick" (her daddy was playing in the band). By the time we got home though she was feeling even worse. I had planned to do another craft (we'll just save it for next year), but we only did resurrection rolls which she did really love. When they came out of the oven I showed her that Jesus was not there and she had to run and tell Daddy!! It was really sweet :)

So thankful for that empty tomb!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment