Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Reach for the Stars Reading Program in Lydia's honor

As you may remember I became a consultant with Usborne Books and More in September. We offer a pledge based reading program called Reach For The Stars. I am organizing a summer reading program in Lydia's honor....to help raise funds to bring her home. Here is how it is going to work:

You let me know that you and your kiddo/s would like to participate. I will mail you a pledge form. You will take up pledges and read with your loved ones for 30 minutes a day for two weeks. You will earn 100% of your pledges back in FREE books. Those of you who live far away will have some shipping costs. I will make a commission and will use it toward our adoption. That I do believe is a WIN-WIN!!!! Here is a run down of information on the actual program:

Usborne's pledge-based reading incentive program returns 100% back to the participant in free books :)

What is the goal of the program?
The goal of Reach for the Stars is for children to read - or be read to - for 300 minutes over a two week period of time.

Who can participate?
This program is designed to benefit any organizational group, such as schools, individual classrooms, clubs, preschools, church groups, home school groups, charities, and public libraries.

How does the program work?
Parents and children ask friends, family, people they know (NO door-to-door) to sponsor their reading time by pledging a flat amount.

How do the kids benefit?
They develop the important habit of daily reading and receive Usborne books! The Reach For The Stars program helps children discover the joy of reading and gives them the opportunity to choose their very own high quality Usborne books to keep!

How can you benefit?
100% of the pledges collected are returned to you in books. PLUS you help Lydia get home sooner!! Yay!!

The event will run from June 4th-15th. So I will be mailing pledge sheets out in mid-May so hurry and sign up now!! You can email me at lara.mattingly81@gmail.com, find me on Facebook and let me know there, or give me a call. I'm soooooo excited about this!!! I hope you are too! Please help me spread the word and share this blog post with everyone you know who loves to read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment