Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One

I wish this blog post would come complete with pictures of you all dressed up with ice cream cake all over your face sitting in your high chair with a hand made "I am 1!" banner hanging from it, but alas that wasn't God's plan for you Miss Lydia. His perfect plan for you was that you would spend your first birthday in an orphanage in your birth country-the DRC. I wonder what your first birthday was like? Did anyone make mention of it? I hope you got lots of extra hugs and snuggles from the Sisters there caring for you. We spent the day celebrating Christ's Resurrection, yes your first birthday was on Easter, another Holiday we can't wait to celebrate with you. I was especially guarded about your birthday, so while I thought about you EVERY minute there were no presents or decorations or a party here. I really wasn't even going to put anything on Facebook, but others beat me to it :). You are so loved already sweet girl!!! You better believe that when you get home with us, your first birthday with us will be a big ol celebration!!! Just wait until you taste your Poppy's ice cream cake!!!! Oh, and I apologize if Lylah tries to invade your present opening!! We will sing at the top of our lungs and maybe you'll smile or maybe you'll scream, but either way it will be wonderful!!! At the end of your first birthday we had some ice cream that Papa brought over. At the last minute we decided to put a candle on Lylah's bowl. She blew out your candle for you and we sang and prayed for you. We are so thankful for you and all you have taught us about faith and God and love even though we haven't even met you yet! We love you and can't wait to see you prayerfully before your next birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, crying now...but praying for Lydia at this moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, we are adopting from owas and would be curious to know which agency you switched to and some other details as we are getting tired of waiting as well. Please email me at koenigkristen@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me shed a few tears, some happy and some sad. Can't wait til that baby girl is home! Love you.

    ReplyDelete