Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lylah's first sensory tub

I have been wanting to make our lil' lady a sensory tub for a while, but couldn't make up my mind on what to put in it. Thank you Mighty $ for the inspiration!!



This tub is a Valentines Day theme. We also have lots of v-day books from the library. The tub has fake petals and little plastic hearts for the "filler" type item. It also has some pink pompoms and some red glittery hearts. I put in a scoop and some little heart containers for filling. Finally a squishy ball and some little bracelets. I know, I probably went overboard and put too much in, but Lylah loved it!!! She kept smelling everything though and I didn't really put anything in to appeal to that sense- so note to self next time I need something smelly in it :)







If you have never heard of sensory bins just google it for much better ones than this. I just like the idea of offering Lylah sensory experiences in the form of little treasures that she gravitates to anyway (ex. Pompoms, cottonballs). So plan on seeing more posts like this one in the future!!

2 comments: