Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Make a difference: bows for babies

It is no secret that I enjoy crafting. I especially enjoy making bows. I have been selling my bows for the past couple of months and have kept a somewhat steady business. However, right now in our lives we do not need that extra income. There are people, in particular little baby sized people and their mommies, who could benefit greatly from it. My heart is burdened by the fact that 1500 mothers and 10,000 babies die each day due to complications that can be prevented by the presence of a skilled birth attendant. It also saddens me that 24,000 children under the age of five die from diseases that could be prevented with a simple vaccine. Soooo, the idea of "Bows for Babies" was born. From now until at least the end of the summer the profits from my bow sales will go straight to Compassion International's child survival program. Now, you may wonder why on earth I would be blogging about this. Well, here's why: because I'm sure some of you know a lil lady or maybe even a big lady who would love a pretty for her hair or a pin for her sweater and just think, everytime she/you wear it you can think and pray for the little ones you are helping through your purchase. Now that I'm sure your mind is racing with names of people you would like to give a bow to, here is the most efficient way to get it done: first let me know your order (via facebook, email (lara.mattingly81@gmail.com, or call me if you have my number) then go to my fundraising page From there make a donation in at least the amount of your order. I will get an email that the donation has been made and I will make your bows and get your order to you!! Easy peasy ham and cheesy!!!! Oh and one more thing, please tell everyone you know who may be interested!! Wouldn't it be awesome to raise enough money to start a new child survival program??!!! Okay here are some pretty's to temp you!!



$4 valentine bow



$12 three flower headband



$5 felt flower clip or pin.



$5 different type of flower



This is my way of telling you to view my facebook album called "little treasures" for lots more fun bow options!!! Thanks in advance for helping me help compassion help mommies and babies!! Ps. That's a LOT of helping!!!

2 comments:

  1. You rock, Lara! I'm going to have to do some thinking now of who I know that needs bows! (obviously, my boys don't) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might need some KJ or maybe some pins for your sweaters? :) Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete