Friday, January 7, 2011

Passing it on

I got a Kitchen Aid for Christmas. I'm not going to lie, I was a little intimidated by it. You see, I don't really bake, I like to eat baked things, but I really don't bake. But there is something about having a machine like this one that really makes a person want to bake. So, tonight I tried my first real recipe- homemade pizza crust. This is a special recipe from my dad and I really wanted it to be yummy. About two weeks ago my dad gave me a very helpful walk thru on how to make a tasty pizza crust. Well tonight while my dough was rising, my lil lady came to the kitchen gate and kindly signed and said "cook" ( I guess she takes after her poppy). So I did what my dad did for me- I walked her thru making a hopefully tasty pizza!! It was really special baking with Lylah like my dad baked with me, it was sort of like I was passing on a special secret!



Punching the dough. Sorry the pictures aren't the best- I had my phone handy so that's what I took the pictures with.



Time to roll the dough out. Just before this we greased the pan and sprinkled it with cornmeal. Lylah kept eating the cornmeal!! She would say "mmmmm" and eat some more. I've mentioned before she likes to taste test!



Spreading the sauce.



Adding some yummy toppings.



Posing before we put our pizza in the oven.



The finished product-YUM!!



It was so yummy!! I must say, I was very proud!! I can understand why people get into baking!!! Oh and by the way, Lylah asked for more bread (pizza crust)!! Love it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I remember getting my mixer several years ago and feeling the same way about baking! You are going to have so much fun with it! Oh, and that pizza looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! I make our pizza crust in my bread machine. I'm impressed making it by hand.We grill our's on a pizza stone. I highly suggest it! KEep having fun with your little lady! KJ

    ReplyDelete